We are always trying to reduce our impact on the environment, and our jar return program is something we pride ourselves on. Follow these simple instructions on cleaning out your candle jars and returning them in exchange for Candle Credits - our rewards system! Make sure you sign up for an account on our website (top right corner) before returning jars or you may not receive your points.
1. Boil water and pour into jar carefully. Allow the wax to melt and rise to the top of the jar. SO cool!
2. When the wax is hardened at the top, carefully push down on the wax with your thumbs along the edge of the jar. Don't push too hard or you might splash yourself!
3. Pop the wax puck out of the jar and empty the water from the jar. If there are little bits of wax you might want to use a strainer so they don't go down your drain.
4. The wax puck can be composted (yay!) or you can dry it off and use it in your wax warmer.
5. Take out the wick clip (don't throw it out!), and wipe out the excess wax on the sides of the jar with a paper towel or cloth.
6. Peel off the labels (on the side, and the bottom of the jar), and make sure there is no sticky residue left ** You can make this step easier by soaking the jar in hot soapy water before trying to peel.
7. Make sure the jar is clean inside - We like to fill the jar with hot soapy water, put the lid on, and SHAKE to get the jar sparkly clean.
8. Once completely dry, write your name and email on a piece of paper and put it in the jar with the wick clip (clean and wick removed) and place the lid back on the jar.
9. Deliver it back to us (8 Elgin St E, Conestogo) and place it in the bin on the porch (ideally in a plastic or paper bag, especially if you have more than 1)
10. Receive 100 Candle Credits for each jar you return! They will show up in your account within a few days after you drop them off.
**please note that any jars not correctly washed may be discarded with no points rewarded. Old style 8oz mason jars or the slightly small/chubbier jars cannot be exchanged for points as we no longer use them. 16oz mason jars accepted.